Some of us are emotionally illiterate; we do not know much about our feelings, or we avoid the topic completely. Others are on emotional overload. We walk around dealing with too much stress, sadness, anger, fear, guilt, depression, resentment or shame.
In contrast, Jesus’ life models healthy patterns of handling emotions, and He provides instruction through Scripture on wise ways of handling our emotions. In our work you can:
- Learn the developmental stages we all need to progress through and how we can get stuck in one or two stages
- Understand why you or your partner is an emotion-avoider and how to overcome this problem
- Apply practical skills to manage, resolve and overcome negative emotional states
- Begin healing emotional struggles from both human and spiritual standpoints
- Practice ways to replace negative emotional states with feelings of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness and self control [top]